Antarctic Express: Fly The Drake
Answer the call of Antarctica by flying over the notorious Drake Passage by charter plane to land at King George Island before exploring the Antarctic Peninsula by ship. In just 8 adventure-packed days, you’ll experience rewarding shore visits and Zodiac cruises, marvel at intimate wildlife encounters, explore historic sites and make the most of your landmark visit to the 7th Continent.
Feb 18, 2023 (Saturday) - Punta Arenas, Chile
Feb 19, 2023 (Sunday) - King George Island
Feb 20, 2023 (Monday) - Feb 23 (Thursday) - Antarctic Peninsula and South Shetland Islands
Feb 24, 2023 (Friday) - Disembarkation, Punta Arenas
Feb 25, 2023 (Saturday) - Depart Punta Arenas
Ready to Book?
The Ocean Adventurer
Your home in Antarctica, The Ocean Adventurer, is an intimate expedition ship. It has been recently refurbished and carries just 128 passengers. Small but mighty, this ship has a gym, library, lounge, dining room, and plenty of outdoor deck space.
Main Deck Twin Porthole
Located on the main deck, this cabin has two twin beds, private facilities, and a porthole with exterior views. 113-132 sq ft
Main Deck Twin Window
Located on the main deck, this cabin has two twin beds, private facilities, and two windows with an exterior view. 115-160 sq ft
Located on either the Captain's Deck or the Upper Deck, this cabin has two twin beds, private facilities, and windows with exterior views. The beds can be either parallel or corner configuration. 132-163 sq ft
Located on the Captain's Deck, this cabin has two twin beds or one configured king, private facilities, and windows with exterior views. 144-179 sq ft
- 2 nights hotel in Punta Arenas
- 5 nights in a cabin on the Ocean Adventurer
- Zodiac cruising and shore landings as per the daily program
- Formal and information presentations by the Expedition Team and guest speakers
- 2 breakfasts at the Punta Arenas hotel
- Dinner - group arrival dinner on Day 1
- Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, and Dinner on board the Ocean Adventurer
- Soft Drinks, Juice, coffee, tea, and cocoa on board the Ocean Adventurer
- Select beer and wine during dinner on board the Ocean Adventurer
- Arrival Transfer
- Flights to and from King George Island
- Pre and post group expedition transfer to/from the Punta Arenas Airport
- A photographic journal documenting the expedition
- Waterproof expedition boots on loan for landings and zodiac cruising
- An official Quark Expedition parka - yours to keep!
- Rene from Grand Explorations Travel will escort the group
- Leadership throughout the voyage by experienced Expedition Leaders, including shore landings and other
- International Flights to and from Punta Arenas
- Any meals and drinks not listed under Inclusions
- Any activities not listed under Inclusions
- Departure transfers
- Items of a personal nature
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption, and medical travel Insurance (Can be purchased here from Roam Right Insurance.)
- While it is our intention to adhere to the route described below, there is a certain amount of flexibility built into the itinerary and on occasion it may be necessary, or desirable to make alterations. The itinerary is brief, as we never know exactly where our journey will take us. Due to this style of travel and the regions we visit, travel can be unpredictable. There are nearly 200 recognized sites in the Antarctic Peninsula and South Shetlands and the places mentioned above may be changed to others equally as interesting.