Belize and Tikal
If I had to describe the Belizean pace it would be somewhere between slowly rolling waves and the inquisitive speed of a ruin explorer. Embracing just that mix of curious and chill, this nine-day itinerary will let you tour Mayan ruins, cycle around stunning islands, and enjoy plenty of time to hang out on the beach or dive into the famous Blue Hole. Be speedy, or a bit sloth-like — I’ll help you discover Central America either way.
Nov 6, 2021 (Saturday) - Belize City
Nov 7, 2021 (Sunday) - Belize City to Flores
Nov 8, 2021 (Monday) - Flores
Nov 9, 2021 (Tuesday) - Flores/San Ignacio
Nov 10, 2021 (Wednesday) - San Ignacio
Nov 11, 2021 (Thursday) - San Ignacio/Caye Caulker
Nov 12, 2021 (Friday) - Caye Caulker
Nov 13, 2021 (Saturday) - Caye Caulker
Nov 14, 2021 - (Sunday) - Caye Caulker - Departure Day
Ready to Book?
- 1 night hotel in Belize City
- 2 nights hotel in Flores
- 2 nights hotel in San Ignacio
- 3 nights hotel in Caye Caulker
- Belize Bike with Purpose Tour on Caye Caulker
- Guided Tour of Tikal
- Hol Chan Marine Reserve Day Tour
- Actun Tunichil Muknal tour
- Visit to Xunantunich
- No meals included. Please allow $350-450 for meals.
- Public bus, private vehicle, water taxi
- Arrival Transfer
- Rene from Grand Explorations Travel will escort the group
- Private Belize tour guide for the duration of the trip
- Local expert guides where appropriate
- International Flights to and from Belize City
- Any meals and drinks not listed under Inclusions
- Any activities not listed under Inclusions
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel Insurance (Can be purchased here from Travel Guard. Travelers are required a sum of $200,000 for both emergency evacuation and repatriation.
- While it is our intention to adhere to the route described below, there is a certain amount of flexibility built into the itinerary and on occasion it may be necessary, or desirable to make alterations. The itinerary is brief, as we never know exactly where our journey will take us. Due to this style of travel and the regions we visit, travel can be unpredictable.