Highlights of Nepal
The Himalayan nation of Nepal boasts jaw-dropping mountain scenery and a vibrant culture to match. Wander the lively streets of Kathmandu, spend a night at a Buddhist monastery guesthouse, and take in astounding views of the Annapurna Himalaya in lakeside Pokhara. Then venture to Chitwan National Park, Nepal’s oldest nature reserve, to seek out elephants, tigers, and a plethora of avian species.
Nov 5, 2020 (Thursday) - Kathmandu
Nov 6, 2020 (Friday) - Kathmandu
Nov 7, 2020 (Saturday) - Kathmandu/Pharping
Nov 8, 2020 (Sunday) - Pharping/Kurintar
Nov 9, 2020 (Monday) - Kurintar/Chitwan National Park
Nov 10, 2020 (Tuesday) - Chitwan National Park
Nov 11, 2020 (Wednesday) - Chitwan National Park/Pokhara
Nov 12, 2020 (Thursday) - Pokhara
Nov 13, 2020 - (Friday) - Pokhara/Kathmandu
Ready to Book?
- 3 nights hotel in Kathmandu
- 1 night monastery guesthouse in Pharping
- 1 night hotel in Kurintar
- 2 nights hotel in Chitwan National Park
- 2 nights hotel in Pokhara
- SASANE Lecture in Kathmandu
- Traditional Weaving and Indigenous Peoples Lecture in Kathmandu
- Neydo Monastery Sunrise Chant in Pharping
- Chitwan Tiger Experience in Chitwan National Park
- Sisterhood of Survivors Project in Kathmandu
- Visit to Boudhanath Stupa and the Royal city of Bhaktapur
- Visit to Swayambhunath
- Visit Chitwan National Park including a village walking tour and jeep safari
- Hike to the World Peace Pagoda
- 9 breakfasts
- Dinner - at Krishnarpan Restaurant on Day 1
- Lunch - Included during the Sisterhood of Survivors Visit on Day 2
- Dinner - at the Monastery guesthouse on Day 4
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner - at the Barahi Jungle Lodge on Days 6 and 7
- Lunch - at the Tibetan Refugee Settlement on Day 8
- All transportation to and from included activities in a private vehicle
- Arrival Transfer
- Flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Rene from Grand Explorations Travel will escort the group
- Private Nepal tour guide for the duration of the trip
- Local expert guides where appropriate
- International Flights to and from Kathmandu
- Any meals and drinks not listed under Inclusions
- Any activities not listed under Inclusions
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel Insurance (Can be purchased here from Travel Guard. Travelers are required a sum of $200,000 for both emergency evacuation and repatriation.
- A visa is required for American citizens traveling to Nepal. You are required to fill out a Tourist Visa form which can be done on arrival at the airport or online no more than 15 days prior to arrival. Upon arrival, present the form and the fee, payable in cash: $30 USD for 15 day, $50 USD for 30 days, and $125 USD for 90 days.
- While it is our intention to adhere to the route described below, there is a certain amount of flexibility built into the itinerary and on occasion it may be necessary, or desirable to make alterations. The itinerary is brief, as we never know exactly where our journey will take us. Due to this style of travel and the regions we visit, travel can be unpredictable.
- Weather conditions in the Himalayas can change rapidly and the itinerary may be forced to change accordingly. Travelers need to be prepared for all weather conditions.
- Please note that drones are prohibited in Nepal. If you violate these regulations, the police may take you into custody.